Are You a BFS?
Today is self help day, and I really want to help you. But I'm afraid it's too late. You see, by the time you read this, you may already have sent yourself out on that most frightful of days...
Now, I'm not belittling anyone who ventured out in search of sales today. Far from it. I just think it takes a very specific type of person to be a Black Friday Shopper (BFS). The typical BFS is...
- Adventurous - You never know who you're going to run into in the Best Buy parking lot (or how much coffee they've been drinking)
- A Plotter - Black Friday is no place for seat-of-the-pants thinking. A successful BFS comes armed with ads, lists, and a map of the store's floor plan.
- Athletic - The BFS must be able to dodge slow pokes, hurdle merchandise displays, and squeeze through narrow aisles in search of the ultimate deal.
- Nature Loving - There's nothing like sleeping in a lawn chair under the stars, singing show tunes with total strangers, then bribing them with coffee and brownies to save your place in line while you fight for your turn in the port-a-potty. That's roughing it!
- Impervious to severe weather - It never fails... some of the worst weather of the year comes in the brand-new hours of the Friday after Thanksgiving. I personally believe it's the tears of myriad guardian angels wondering why their charges are up so dog-gone early. But that's just me.
Here's wishing everyone a terrific Friday. And if you are one of those brave BFS's, share your secrets with us :+}