Tax Day Funnies
- “The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.” –Will Rogers
- An IRS agent is walking through the park when a mugger jumps out and yells “Give me all your money!” The IRS agent says, “You can’t do this, after all I work for the IRS.” At which point, the mugger yells: “OK, give me all MY money!”
- A couple of weeks after hearing a sermon on Psalms 51:2-4 (knowing my own hidden secrets) and Psalm 52:3-4 (lies and deceit), a man wrote the following letter to the IRS: "I have been unable to sleep, knowing that I have cheated on my income tax. I understated my taxable income, and have enclosed a check for $150. If I still can't sleep, I will send the rest."
- For every tax problem there is a solution which is straightforward, uncomplicated and wrong.
- People who complain about taxes can be divided into two classes: men and women.
- “One difference between death and taxes is that death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets.” –Anonymous
- I hate junk mail . . .and that includes the tax forms they send me.
- What the present income-tax form needs is a section which would explain the explanations.
Susanne Dietze paid her taxes on time. She is also the author of over a dozen romances. Please visit her on her website, www.susannedietze.com