Saturday, February 4, 2012
Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award
This blog was nominated for The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award by INSPIRATIONAL E-BOOKS. Founders Shawna K. Williams and Nike Chillemi both write for Desert Breeze Publishing). You can check these incredibly sweet ladies at their blog, Inspirational E-Books.
Ten Nominees for the Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award…
1) http://petticoatsandpistols.com/ because the posts are interesting tidbits of information about my favorite writing periods.
2) http://internationalchristianfictionwriters.blogspot.com/ because we get to see what Christian writers outside the U.S. are doing. The international recipes are a bonus. Yum!!!
3) Seekerville which I automatically look at everyday along with ours. That's mostly for what I learn and the community. It's like my personal "Cheers" bar in Boston. http://seekerville.blogspot.com/
4) http://colonialquills.blogspot.com/ It's my other favorite group blog. Enjoy the history topics and interest in promoting Colonial Fiction! (Don't forget to check out CQ's interview of Inky Gina. http://colonialquills.blogspot.com/2012/01/interview-with-gina-wellborn.html)
5) Novel Matters! I check it almost every day. http://www.novelmatters.com/
6) "Writing Roseanna" http://roseannamwhite.blogspot.com/, covers fiction, history, and spiritual issues. Always intelligent, thought provoking, and fun!
7) anitamaedraper.com/author-memories.html Anita is the Fred Rogers of making authors feel comfortable to share moments that changed their lives.
8) http://stevelaube.com/blog/ for the insight into the publishing market, the tips on writing, and the Fun Friday videos!
9) http://www.acfw.com/blog/ (Because Gina didn't think she could get away with listing http://www.ew.com/.)
10) http://www.inkwellinspirations.com/ We check it every day, rain or shine, in sickness and in health!
Ten Random Facts about Inkwell Inspirations (because 7 just isn't enough!)
1) Three of us are the exact same age. Care to guess who? (Please don't.)
2) Several of us were/are pastor's wives.
3) My Inky sisters aren't afraid to speak up - whether I want to hear their suggestions or not. LOL
4) One multi-published author loves an Inky book so much she uses it in her workshops as an example of How To Break the Rules!
5) For her birthday, one Inky received loose leaf tea named after Austen characters. This year's gift was "The Passion of Miss Price" (black tea with vanilla infusion).
6) While one Inky wanted to be called Toni when she was in Jr. High (it never caught on), another Inky wanted to be called Zsa Zsa. A third Inky (not Jennifer) spent a year answering to Jenny because her manager read her application wrong and thought her nametag was spelled incorrectly.
7) One Inky's mother grew up in North Pole, Alaska!
8) Inkies live on the West Coast and East Coast, as south as Texas and as north as Canada. One Inky used to live in West Germany, another in Lebanon, and one more in Gabon.
9) Deep in the recesses of the Inky Cave, they have something too amazing, too scary, too shocking, too priceless, and a pair of glittery shoes that they can't share with anyone who doesn't know the Inky theme song.
10) The Inkies are quick to love, quick to help, and quick to pray.
How Our Giveaways Work: The Official Rules
We, the ladies of Inkwell Inspirations, would love to give free stuff to everybody. Since we can't, we will often have a giveaway in conjunction with a specific post. Unless otherwise stated, one winner will be drawn from comments left on that post between the date it was published and the end of the giveaway as determined in the post. Entries must be accompanied by a valid email address. This address is used only to contact the commenter in the event that he/she is the winner, and will not be sold, distributed, or used in any other fashion. The odds of winning depend on the number of entrants. NO PURCHASE, PLEDGE, OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.